Thank you for your interest in my blog. Please read my review policy and rating system before requesting a review. I do have time constraints, and if I accept your work, I want to give a thoughtful review.
I accept print books, Advance Reader Copies, and Kindle Mobi. I no longer accept books in PDF.
I do consider self-published/Indie books.
I do not do giveaways.
Genres I Read
- General Fiction
- Women’s Fiction/Chic Lit
- Historical Fiction
- Young Children’s through Middle Grade
- Light Christian
- Paranormal Romance
- Non-Fiction, Biographies, Memoirs
- I don’t normally do audio book reviews, but I will consider
Genres I DO NOT Read
- Teen/Young Adult
- Books with a suicide theme
- Books with any dark theme
What to Expect
As I have a steady stream of requests, I will do my best work out a schedule that will work for you.
I will publish the review on this blog, Goodreads, Amazon, and Barnes and Noble. If there is any other place you’d like it published, include that in your comments when requesting.
This blog’s purpose is to promote authors and their books, I do not write negative reviews. The lowest review I give is three stars. If I find I cannot give that, I will contact you with the reason I will not be posting your review. This rarely happens, as I try to screen all books before I accept them for review.
I do not believe in adding spoilers to my reviews, or in writing lengthy reviews. I strive to give readers a reason to pick up your book and read it.
I will post a review of a minimum of 250 words though it is generally much more than that.
I will give an honest review.
Requesting a Review
I receive many requests for book reviews each week and, unfortunately, cannot accept them all. Therefore, please read the following information carefully and include all of the information requested for the best chance of your book being considered.
Email your request to me at:
In the subject line of your email, include:
- “Book Review Request” along with the title of the book
In the body of the email please list:
- Your full name and whether you are the author, publisher, publicist, etc.
- Title and Author
- Illustrator (if applicable)
- Type of Book (is it a print book, e-book, PDF, audio book)
- Pub Date
- Page or Word Count
- Book Blurb
- Social Media Links
- Link to a sample chapter (I will no longer include the chapter on my blog, but I will include a link to a sample chapter if you provide it).
- An author photo and bio are attention-getters; please attach files if you are interested in this information being included
My Rating System
5 Stars – Outstanding! I did not want it to end. It had an engaging plot and believable characters. I loved the style of writing (is well thought out and enjoyable). I could not put it down. My mind kept wandering back to the book after I finished reading.
4 Stars – Excellent! To get four stars, a book must have an engaging plot, great characters, and a writing style that is well thought out and enjoyable.
3 Stars – Very Good! To get three stars means it had two of the above elements. Because I screen carefully, 3 stars are uncommon.
I don’t review any books below three stars.